COVID-19 Requirements to Enter Japan
◆ Presentation of Inspection Certificate (Negative Test Result)
You are required to obtain an inspection certificate (negative test result) before departing the U.S. for Japan (the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the intended departure). You will be denied entry into Japan if you fail to submit the certificate upon your arrival to Japan (Therefore, airlines will not give you permission to board an aircraft departing for Japan without the certificate).
Regulations on Mandatory 14-Day Isolation
- For inquiries about the Entry Visa, please contact the Embassy / Consulate of Japan which has jurisdiction over your residential address.
- For inquiries on Re-entry Permit/Special Re-entry Permit, Status of Residence or Certificate of Eligibility:
- Information Center: TEL +81-570-013904 (The Immigration Services Agency of Japan)
- For inquiries on Quarantine Measures:
- Hotline: TEL +81-3-3595-2176 (The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan)