Visa Application (the announcement by the GOJ dated November 29, 2021.)
- Those foreign Nationals who are under “Exceptional Circumstances” are required to apply for a visa*.
- The Consulate General of Japan in Nashville requests that all visa applicants please call the Consular Office (TEL: 615-340-4300) before visiting to apply for a visa. Please call again later if a staff member is unable to respond to your call the first time as the Consulate is experiencing a high volume of calls.
- For inquiries about the Entry Visa, please contact the Embassy / Consulate of Japan which has jurisdiction over your residential address. At the Consulate General of Japan in Nashville., we accept visa applications from Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee residents.
On November 29, 2021, the Government of Japan announced strengthened quarantine measures in response to the emergence of the Omicron variant of COVID-19. Effective November 30, 2021 at 00:00 (JST) to December 31, 2021, new entry of foreign nationals based on the above measure will be suspended. Those foreign nationals who hold a valid visa based on the above measure will be also denied to enter Japan.
Additional document for visa application is processed by mail
- Release of Liability form
- A self-addressed return envelope with a prepaid overnight air bill (or Express Mail stamp)
Visa application process:
a) In person: by appointment only.
Please submit all of the requested documents together at the visa window during office hours.
10 AM - 11:30AM and 1:30PM - 2:00PM
Monday - Friday except holidays
b) By mail: You do not require an appointment if you apply by mail.
Applicants who wish to apply by mail should send their documents to:
Attn: Visa Section
Consulate General of Japan in Nashville
1801 West End Avenue Suite 900,
Nashville TN 37203
If your visa application is processed through the mail, enclose a self-addressed envelope and sufficient postage stamps for Certified, Priority, Registered or Express Mail for return. If you would like to use FedEx or UPS, enclose a prepaid mailing label or completed air bill and an envelope for return. Please include a Release of Liability Form. The Consulate-General of Japan is not responsible for your passport in case of its loss, damage, delay when sending through the mailing service for return.
Please note that the Consul may request additional documents in addition to those listed above.