Visa (Certificate of Eligibility holders)
- This page is for person(s) visiting Japan for work, study, cultural activities, or as a dependent (spouse or child: excludes spouse or child of aliens residing in Japan with the status of “trainee” or “pre-college student”).
- A Certificate of Eligibility is a document that verifies the activity in which the foreigner wishes to engage in Japan. The advantage of this document reduces the time required to obtain a visa and complete immigration procedures when work or long-term stay are the purposes of the trip including: dependent, work (entertainer, artist, professor, researcher, instructor, journalist, investor, business manage, legal or accounting services, medical service, engineer, humanities specialist or international services, intracompany transferee, skilled labor), religious activities, study (student/trainee/internship), cultural activities, or long-term resident.
- The application for a Certificate of Eligibility is made by your sponsor in Japan at the nearest regional immigration authority to his/her place of residence. Employers or schools as well as relatives could become your sponsors.
- Once the Certificate of Eligibility reaches you by way of your sponsor in Japan, you are ready to apply for a visa at the Japanese Embassy. The Embassy highly recommends obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) before applying for visa. Contact the Immigration Services Agency of Japan to obtain a COE. Obtaining a COE takes 1 to 3 months.
- You MUST enter Japan within 3 months of the designated day on your Certificate of Eligibility, regardless of any time limits noted on the actual visa you receive.
- If you have a valid Japanese Visa on your passport at the time you apply for a new Japanese visa (For example, when you apply for a work visa, but you have a student visa which is still valid), please submit a request statement (in any format) for visa cancellation.
|1||Visa Application Form|
with at least 1.5 blank pages left
|3||One 2”x 2” Photo
Use GLUE ONLY to attach the photo to the application, please do not staple or tape.
|4||U.S. Visa (if applicable)
Please note: The Consulate general of Japan does NOT accept any applications from B-1 and B-2 U.S. visa holders.
|5||Proof of Residency
e.g., Copy of Driver’s license card, Copy of State ID card, or Utility Bill
|6||Certificate of Eligibility (hardcopy)
*If you have a digital COE sent by email, please submit a printed copy of your digital COE or the email.
We are not accepting walk-in visits at this time.
If you need to apply for visa to enter Japan, you must call us to schedule an appointment.
We take appointments by email.
Please call us at the following number.
(Mon- Fri 9:00am-12:30pm, 01:30-05:00pm (except holidays)
- Standard Fees: Single Entry: 22 USD
- Double and Multiple Entry Visa : 44 USD
- Indian Passport Holder Fees: Single Entry: 6 USD
- Extension of Re-entry Permit: 22 USD
(Some countries are also exempted from visa fees. Please check the visa exempt countries list to find out if your visa fee is waived. )
* Payment is due at the time of PICKUP.
* We accept CASH only (Please prepare cash in the exact amount). We DO NOT accept personal checks and credit cards.